This section provides current Saint Paul Public Schools employees with a variety of information related to changes in employment, forms, benefits, labor agreements and much more.
Click on the links from the left menu or select from the list below to access the topic/information you need.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - PAYROLL TAX CHANGES FOR 2013
The tax cuts put in to play back in 2010 in which the OASDI tax went down expire on 12/31/2012. This will result in an increased employee tax with the first pay check paid in 2013.
What is Fed OASDI/EE on a Paycheck?
Definition: The deduction labeled OASDI/EE on your paycheck stands for Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance/Employee share. It's the required contribution you make toward your federal Social Security account. Your employer makes a matching contribution. For the 2013 calendar year, the tax applies to your earnings up to a limit of $106,800. You pay 6.2 percent (the deduction you see on your paycheck), and your employer pays 6.2 percent, for a total of 12.4 percent.
This is not the same tax labeled as FICA on you paycheck.
OASDI tax is going from 4.2 back up to 6.2. All gross wages are subject to this tax. Employees will see a difference in their paycheck as a result of this increase.
Employees who earn more than $200,000 will be subject to an additional .09% "additional Medicare tax" beginning 2013 as well.
See more great information about Saint Paul Public Schools by visiting the staff section of Saint Paul Public Schools main web site: click here.
Saint Paul Public Schools, District 625 | 360 Colborne Street, Saint Paul, MN, 55102 | 651-767-8100 | firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2011 Saint Paul Public Schools. All rights reserved.